While at the hospital, and trying to sleep, Heather asked me to page the nurse, so I did. The nurse came in and Heather said the contractions were getting extremely painful. So the nurse had the doctor come in and they checked her status and decided it was time to do the epidural. Well, it was only about 5 minutes after the nurse left to request an epidural that Heather screamed and said "I think the baby is coming!" and suddenly there were 10 people in our room scrambling. Heather said "Can I still get my epidural?" and the nurse said "Sorry, it's too late."
The baby arrived literally about 5 minutes after that. It happened so fast! I was prepared with the video camera this time and got the baby right when it came out.
It is a girl and she was not breathing when she came out, but the experienced hospital staff got her "up and running" so to speak and now she is doing great. She will probably have to stay the hospital for a week at least.
Heather and I didn't get to actually go to sleep until probably 5 AM and now it's 9 AM and I am feeling really tired (but I'm sure Heather is more tired).
I've got plenty of video and still-frame shots of the new baby and will no doubt be uploading some of it soon.
I can't wait to introduce Jaiden to his new little sister!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats guys! Please call me if you need anything! I would love to watch Jaiden anytime.
Maren
Post a Comment