My grandma passed away on January 29th. I miss her very much. She was an extraordinary women. I felt like we were a lot alike. I got my red hair from her along with her gentle and loving personality. The talks we shared were invaluable. Her advice was something I cherished. I was also taught to say yes instead of ya, to sit up straight, to say thank you and please, to hold my head up high, to be positive, to be modest, to be respectful, to wash my face before bed, and to love everyone. She was a hard worker and loved her family very much. She was dignified in all she said and did. Some of my favorite memories with her were getting "pronto pups" with her in downtown Boise, hearing about her trips to places like Russia and San Francisco; playing Racko, trouble, rummy, and Sequence, her homemade chicken noodle soup, dinners in her fancy living room with her fancy dishes, getting to ride in her big blue car and using the automatic window buttons for the first time, playing my clarinet for her and bringing tears to her eyes, hearing her stories of Grandpa and my mom when she was younger, seeing a movie we wanted to see, getting ice cream at Baskin Robbins, always having candies in the bottom of her purse, getting to pick out Easter dresses, watching movies like Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, An affair to Remember, and Miss Congeniality. I am very glad she got to spend some time with Jaiden. I hope that I can be the type of person she was.
Thursday, February 7, 2008
My Grandma
My grandma passed away on January 29th. I miss her very much. She was an extraordinary women. I felt like we were a lot alike. I got my red hair from her along with her gentle and loving personality. The talks we shared were invaluable. Her advice was something I cherished. I was also taught to say yes instead of ya, to sit up straight, to say thank you and please, to hold my head up high, to be positive, to be modest, to be respectful, to wash my face before bed, and to love everyone. She was a hard worker and loved her family very much. She was dignified in all she said and did. Some of my favorite memories with her were getting "pronto pups" with her in downtown Boise, hearing about her trips to places like Russia and San Francisco; playing Racko, trouble, rummy, and Sequence, her homemade chicken noodle soup, dinners in her fancy living room with her fancy dishes, getting to ride in her big blue car and using the automatic window buttons for the first time, playing my clarinet for her and bringing tears to her eyes, hearing her stories of Grandpa and my mom when she was younger, seeing a movie we wanted to see, getting ice cream at Baskin Robbins, always having candies in the bottom of her purse, getting to pick out Easter dresses, watching movies like Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, An affair to Remember, and Miss Congeniality. I am very glad she got to spend some time with Jaiden. I hope that I can be the type of person she was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very sweet tribute Heather. Don't forget to print this out and save it in your journal! Love ya
Post a Comment